One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I was merely glowing wetly, and worrying about the icecream I'd just bought melting through the bottom of my shopping bag and dripping all over my trainers.’
- ‘Each sound is rendered in precise detail - bullets crack as they pass your head and thud wetly as they enter your body.’
- ‘Garbage spewed onto the street, bones and water bottles clattering across the street, rotten vegetables splattering wetly against the sidewalk.’
- ‘He cleared his throat wetly and continued reading.’
- ‘Our burgers arrived and I picked up a fry, placed it between my teeth, and wetly sucked the traces of salt and seasoning from my fingers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.