One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bathroom in which the shower is open or set behind a single wall, its floor area being flush with the floor of the rest of the room and the water draining away through an outlet set into the floor.
- ‘The spa boasts a a pair of candlelit, marble wet rooms, each with nine private mineral baths, a whirlpool, waterfall showers and Swiss showers, sauna and steam room.’
- ‘We made expensive changes, including re-routing the driveway, installing wet rooms and choosing all-natural lamb's wool insulation.’
- ‘Perhaps the most dramatic of all bathroom trends is the rise of the wet room.’
- ‘The majority of the work has been completed, including a lift to take Joshua from the living room up to his bedroom, a wet room with a shower stretcher for him to lie on while being washed, and a new bed with an electric paediatric mattress.’
- ‘We landed an executive room with a proper wet room for a bathroom.’
- ‘The clean white designer bathrooms feature wet rooms, waffle-weave robes and local Sanctum beauty products.’
- ‘The bed is a colossal 8ft x 8ft (and whatever anyone says, we know size matters), but that's not the clincher - it's the spectacular wet room that does it.’
- ‘Once a boxy room with a tiny adjoining cloakroom, it has been transformed into a contemporary double bedroom with sleeping platform and luxurious en-suite wet room.’
- ‘The exception to the open-plan arrangement is a small wet room and snug sitting room that occasionally doubles up as a bedroom.’
- ‘The house, on the Coopersknowe development, boasts five bedrooms and such new-fangled wonders as a wet room, and is described as being in the ‘American country style’.’
- ‘From creating the wrong-sized rooms to wet rooms that are sure to flood every aspect of your spa needs to be planned out by a professional.’
- ‘So they decided to turn it into a sauna, which now opens into a wet room with spa bath.’
- ‘While the décor won't win style prizes, facilities within the main building are plentiful and include wet rooms and saunas, a solarium and a large pool.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.