One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of the two thermometers of a psychrometer, the bulb of which is enclosed in wetted material so that water is constantly evaporating from it and cooling the bulb.
- ‘For this Friday Market in Kuwait, hot dry external air is humidified with jets of atomized water, and cooled to near wet bulb temperature.’
- ‘It will also read temperature, humidity, dew-point, wet bulb temperature, wind chill index, heat index, barometric pressure and altitude.’
- ‘Add the current relative humidity from the data logger; WXSIM will adjust the vapor pressure, dew point, and wet bulb temperature.’
- ‘A wet bulb thermometer is simply a thermometer with the bulb wrapped in moist muslin.’
- ‘Comfort conditions were calculated from dry bulb, wet bulb and globe temperature measurements as well as wind speed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.