One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The first appearance of Vernedia in lower Cenomanian rocks of Oregon implies that the genus migrated westwardly across the Pacific into the Old World Tethyan province.’
- ‘He did not recommend driving westwardly as it was feared a large volume of water would be tapped.’
- ‘The decree of the court declares the claim to be valid, to a square of four miles of land on a creek, issuing from the north head of Indian river, westwardly, and running to the north-west.’
- ‘The weather near a continental arid zone is modified by increasing the heat storage of the seas westwardly of the arid zone during the summer.’
- ‘Thence proceeding westwardly along the south bank of the Cornwallis River to the point of commencement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.