One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Two massive golden beaches stretch out at the westernmost point of the village, allowing thousands of holidaymakers to find a place to lounge in the sand.’
- ‘‘Off the westernmost coast of Japan, is an island called ‘Gunkanjima’ that is hardly known even to the Japanese.’
- ‘Lying at the westernmost point of the African continent, Senegal is the first sub-Saharan country encountered as one sails southward ‘around the bend’ from Europe.’
- ‘The most striking finding was that in Connaught, the westernmost point of Europe, almost all men carry this particular gene.’
- ‘And it's obvious that you are glad to be back in the United States and particularly in the westernmost part of the Pacific United States.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.