One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An omelet containing a filling of onion, green pepper, and ham.
- ‘Breakfast consisted of pre-made western omelets, biscuits and gravy, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, half grapefruits, half oranges, bananas, apples, muffins, cinnamon rolls, breads and bagels to taste, juices, coffee and tea.’
- ‘Years ago they attempted to serve up western omelets (or Denver omelets, depending on where you live…), but couldn't crank them out fast enough.’
- ‘We walked to the lead diner at 0915 and had a western omelet.’
- ‘At a nearby breakfast table two Army Airborne Infantry soldiers, with legs wrapped in casts and Ace bandages, ate western omelets and compared notes.’
- ‘A western omelet for two requires 5 eggs (you can use 6 if they're small or your skillet is more than 12 "), about 1 or 2 tsp. each of fine chopped onion and green pepper, and a couple of Tbsp. of diced ham.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.