One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An omelet containing a filling of onion, green pepper, and ham.
- ‘A western omelet for two requires 5 eggs (you can use 6 if they're small or your skillet is more than 12 "), about 1 or 2 tsp. each of fine chopped onion and green pepper, and a couple of Tbsp. of diced ham.’
- ‘We walked to the lead diner at 0915 and had a western omelet.’
- ‘Breakfast consisted of pre-made western omelets, biscuits and gravy, cold cereal, instant oatmeal, half grapefruits, half oranges, bananas, apples, muffins, cinnamon rolls, breads and bagels to taste, juices, coffee and tea.’
- ‘Years ago they attempted to serve up western omelets (or Denver omelets, depending on where you live…), but couldn't crank them out fast enough.’
- ‘At a nearby breakfast table two Army Airborne Infantry soldiers, with legs wrapped in casts and Ace bandages, ate western omelets and compared notes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.