An original and bountiful source of something.‘sadness is the wellspring of creativity’
source, supply, fount, fountainhead, reservoir, mine, fund, bank, repository, storehouse, treasuryView synonyms
- ‘It is at the source, the wellspring of our feelings, that we may then either amplify or transform them.’
- ‘But California has a robust economy, boasts a diverse and vibrant population, provides technological leadership for the world, and remains a wellspring of new ideas.’
- ‘From the moment he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1988, his wellsprings of creativity almost completely dried up.’
- ‘We romanticize depression as a wellspring of finer thought, as the source of melancholic insight for artists, deep thinkers and sensitive souls.’
- ‘They also underscore the enduring richness of the continent's cultural heritage, which serves as a wellspring of creativity worldwide.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.