One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An original and bountiful source of something.‘sadness is the wellspring of creativity’
source, supply, fount, fountainhead, reservoir, mine, fund, bank, repository, storehouse, treasuryView synonyms
- ‘We romanticize depression as a wellspring of finer thought, as the source of melancholic insight for artists, deep thinkers and sensitive souls.’
- ‘From the moment he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1988, his wellsprings of creativity almost completely dried up.’
- ‘It is at the source, the wellspring of our feelings, that we may then either amplify or transform them.’
- ‘But California has a robust economy, boasts a diverse and vibrant population, provides technological leadership for the world, and remains a wellspring of new ideas.’
- ‘They also underscore the enduring richness of the continent's cultural heritage, which serves as a wellspring of creativity worldwide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.