One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being in good health, especially as an actively pursued goal.‘measures of a patient's progress toward wellness’‘a healthcare system focused on wellness, not sickness’as modifier ‘company health and wellness programs’
- ‘In Ireland, we are beginning to embrace the wellness concept through our health and safety legislation, the national health promotion strategy, workplace wellbeing programmes and the requirements of individual companies.’
- ‘Knowing that wellness is a primary concern among the well-heeled and well-educated, cruise lines have created onboard programmes for health-conscious travellers, from those continuing a rigorous training programme to people taking their first steps toward a healthier lifestyle.’
- ‘Tied into wellness, of course, is weight management, and the yogurt case reflects American's ongoing clamor for lighter fare.’
- ‘Dance schools, too, have widened their focus to include wellness seminars in their curricula.’
- ‘The site generally provides advice on health, wellness and little tips for life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.