One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Strongly or skillfully constructed.‘a well-made film’
strapping, well built, muscular, athletic, strong, hefty, brawny, powerfully built, powerful, solidly built, solid, burly, stocky, thickset, rugged, substantial, robust, vigorous, tough, hardy, mighty, lusty, herculeanrobust, strong, strongly made, well built, solid, substantial, stout, sound, serviceable, stableView synonyms
- ‘It's a beautiful film, well-made, superbly acted.’
- ‘It's a heavy, stable, well-made platform capable of spitting out thousands of 230-grain projectiles without requiring repairs.’
- ‘The well-made film captures its target audience and amuses adults as well.’
- ‘When goods are well-made and durable, eventually markets are saturated.’
- ‘Although the divergent styles will result in fans having a clear favorite between the two films, both are solid, well-made movies.’
- ‘It is not often that credit for a well-made Hindi film is given to the script writer.’
- ‘It sounds like it's well-made and interesting but perhaps it's something to save for a more positive moment.’
- ‘I try to buy clothes that are well-made, durable, and that I can move in.’
- ‘It's all a light-colored wood, solid and well-made.’
- ‘Good restaurants have their own specialities, comfortable environment, heartfelt service and well-made dishes.’
- ‘Their hypothesis was quite simple: there is a mainstream audience for well-made films that have the power to inspire on important issues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.