Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Strongly or skillfully constructed.‘a well-made film’
strapping, well built, muscular, athletic, strong, hefty, brawny, powerfully built, powerful, solidly built, solid, burly, stocky, thickset, rugged, substantial, robust, vigorous, tough, hardy, mighty, lusty, herculeanrobust, strong, strongly made, well built, solid, substantial, stout, sound, serviceable, stableView synonyms
- ‘It is not often that credit for a well-made Hindi film is given to the script writer.’
- ‘It sounds like it's well-made and interesting but perhaps it's something to save for a more positive moment.’
- ‘Although the divergent styles will result in fans having a clear favorite between the two films, both are solid, well-made movies.’
- ‘When goods are well-made and durable, eventually markets are saturated.’
- ‘Good restaurants have their own specialities, comfortable environment, heartfelt service and well-made dishes.’
- ‘Their hypothesis was quite simple: there is a mainstream audience for well-made films that have the power to inspire on important issues.’
- ‘I try to buy clothes that are well-made, durable, and that I can move in.’
- ‘The well-made film captures its target audience and amuses adults as well.’
- ‘It's a beautiful film, well-made, superbly acted.’
- ‘It's all a light-colored wood, solid and well-made.’
- ‘It's a heavy, stable, well-made platform capable of spitting out thousands of 230-grain projectiles without requiring repairs.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.