One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To a reasonable degree.‘he liked Isobel well enough, but wouldn't want to make a close friend of her’
- ‘While everyone performs well enough, it is only in the closing arias that the opera comes alive.’
- ‘Sorry, this list started off well enough, but just got sort of out of control.’
- ‘I can sing well enough, especially when there's someone around to make the music for me.’
- ‘Her previous two albums did well enough but failed to really penetrate into the mainstream.’
- ‘Sure enough they started well enough and at half-time looked likely for the win.’
- ‘He did well enough at school to get into a good university and he studied hard and graduated with flying colours.’
- ‘Whatever it is you pursue, try to do it just well enough to remain in the middle third of the field.’
- ‘He also seems to think I should understand this well enough to provide some kind of commentary.’
- ‘Malton began well enough but having gained a three-point lead then let the game slip away.’
- ‘He was fit enough and well enough to put up a very good performance, but Barry felt he just ran flat from the home turn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.