One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Carefully selected, especially for a particular effect.‘he would sum up any situation with a few well-chosen words’
- ‘Concepts such as ‘time sickness’ and ‘time poverty’ are explored through well-chosen case studies.’
- ‘While a few well-chosen words may at times bring solace, and a good joke may bring on fits of laughter, such things are rarely enough to cure a severe depression.’
- ‘She has read the Bible closely, and begins each chapter with a well-chosen citation.’
- ‘Lemon sole can have a wonderful, delicate flavour just begging to be woken up by ginger, garlic and a few well-chosen spices.’
- ‘With many well-chosen quotes from her fiction and her philosophy, he traces the interplay between her experience and her intellect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.