One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Carefully selected, especially for a particular effect.‘he would sum up any situation with a few well-chosen words’
- ‘With many well-chosen quotes from her fiction and her philosophy, he traces the interplay between her experience and her intellect.’
- ‘She has read the Bible closely, and begins each chapter with a well-chosen citation.’
- ‘While a few well-chosen words may at times bring solace, and a good joke may bring on fits of laughter, such things are rarely enough to cure a severe depression.’
- ‘Concepts such as ‘time sickness’ and ‘time poverty’ are explored through well-chosen case studies.’
- ‘Lemon sole can have a wonderful, delicate flavour just begging to be woken up by ginger, garlic and a few well-chosen spices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.