Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having full knowledge of a situation or fact.‘we are well aware of the dangerous side effects that some herbs can have’
- ‘We are well aware of her current situation, and have offered information and advice.’
- ‘All those around them were well aware of the situation, but had the tact not to bring it up.’
- ‘The home side were well aware that they would need goals to get back into the game.’
- ‘The club is well aware of its responsibilities and treats the situation very seriously.’
- ‘They are well aware the tennis season lasts longer than two weeks, and they are in it for the long-haul.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.