Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of an event) attended by a large number of people.‘a well-attended conference’
- ‘The function was very well attended and proved to be a very enjoyable social event.’
- ‘The chairman reported another successful year with well-attended meetings, successful garden party, summer outing and Christmas party.’
- ‘Councillors hope for another well-attended meeting.’
- ‘Many of the investors and journalists at the well-attended meeting had probably secretly been hoping for fireworks.’
- ‘Organizers said that these events were also well-attended.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.