One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a building or room) having a high standard of equipment or furnishing.
luxurious, luxury, sumptuous, palatial, opulent, splendid, magnificent, lavish, grand, rich, superior, high-class, quality, exclusive, choice, select, elegant, fancyView synonyms
- ‘Ban or no ban, the status-symbol wood is regarded as an integral part of a well-appointed home.’
- ‘There'll be inside dining and hours of al fresco delight around the well-appointed bar.’
- ‘Their large, well-appointed house and the reality of having his own bedroom did not seem to mean as much to David as the time he spent just laughing and joking around with his foster parents.’
- ‘He and the rest of the crew were staying in a suite of well-appointed rooms several kilometres out of town, lent to them by the locals as a sign of gratitude.’
- ‘It's got a really well-appointed gym so unfortunately I'm going to be spending a lot of my time there over the next wee while.’
- ‘He would usher us into his large, well-appointed office.’
- ‘He has the best food, the best wine, a well-appointed house and aides to do his bidding.’
- ‘There are 59 well appointed rooms (in four different room categories) with rich wood furnishings and classic polished floors.’
- ‘Rooms are well-appointed and meals are included.’
- ‘Many of its 460 well-appointed rooms, all in contemporary style, have great views of Parliament and the London Eye.’
- ‘I have almost always found that if you give well-screened renters a clean, well-maintained, well-appointed apartment they will take care of it.’
- ‘Their room is well-appointed with comfortable seating for 160 and ample room between the 20 tables.’
- ‘There is a smoky, well-appointed bar upstairs and a clamorous, narrow dining room down below.’
- ‘And instead of grunting out a subsistence living, I get to sit in a well-appointed room and get paid for thinking up new ideas and trying them out with rare and expensive equipment.’
- ‘You hear this on television talk shows, you read it in the newspapers, you hear it in well-appointed homes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.