One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an event) attended by a large number of people.‘a well-attended conference’
- ‘The function was very well attended and proved to be a very enjoyable social event.’
- ‘The chairman reported another successful year with well-attended meetings, successful garden party, summer outing and Christmas party.’
- ‘Councillors hope for another well-attended meeting.’
- ‘Many of the investors and journalists at the well-attended meeting had probably secretly been hoping for fireworks.’
- ‘Organizers said that these events were also well-attended.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.