One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a good reputation; admired or respected by others.‘he was very well-thought-of within the club’
esteemed, highly thought of, highly regarded, respected, well respected, looked up to, acclaimed, admired, honoured, revered, venerated, with a good reputation, reputable, of good repute, of high standingView synonyms
- ‘It is very comforting to know that our service is so well thought of and that future generations are being spared the real problems our refuse would generate.’
- ‘If you go on a college campus today and try to recruit the best students out there, they are clearly not going to work for a company that is not well thought of and respected.’
- ‘He was well thought of by his colleagues and everyone is dumbstruck.’
- ‘It should be a great occasion for a man who's so well thought of in the game.’
- ‘He has a great attitude and he's very well thought of at Preston.’
- ‘It may be not well thought of but it's one of the best jobs I have had for feeling I have made a difference.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.