Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The state of being comfortable, healthy, or happy.‘an improvement in the patient's well-being’
welfare, health, good health, happiness, comfort, security, safety, protection, prosperity, profit, good, success, fortune, good fortune, advantage, interest, prosperousness, successfulnessView synonyms
- ‘My brief as a councillor is to safeguard the health, wealth and well-being of the ward that I represent.’
- ‘It is essential for health and well-being to maintain a positive attitude to life.’
- ‘Our body image in fact is central, if ambiguously so, to our mental and physical well-being.’
- ‘As we get older this facet of our lives becomes even more important to our well-being and our health.’
- ‘A study addresses how economic status is no longer a sufficient gauge of a nation's well-being.’
- ‘Pet ownership has well documented positive effects on physical well-being.’
- ‘We would also like to satisfy ourselves as to your health and well-being.’
- ‘He is now on a broader social mission to improve the health and well-being of Scotland.’
- ‘The law says young people cannot work in a place or job which is harmful to their health, well-being or education.’
- ‘Little is known of the drug's long term effects on physical health or emotional well-being.’
- ‘It is in the agencies' interest to ensure the safety and well-being of their clients.’
- ‘This nurse prepared his food and anything else required for his physical health and well-being.’
- ‘The aim of the weekend will be one of complete relaxation and enhancement of well-being.’
- ‘This lack of trust is dangerous, not just to our physical health, but also to our mental well-being.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.