One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exclamation of incredulity, surprise, or vexation.
- ‘She gave me a funny look… I do declare, dear readers, that she thought it was me!’
- ‘‘Well, I do declare, it's my job to see if any of these poor folks need any old thing,’ Brown said.’
- ‘Biche is more ‘me and my friends’ fluff, the everyday adventures of a British journalist in Paris written by - well, I declare - a British journalist in Paris.’
- ‘Why Ms. Faun, I do declare that sounds like a half baked attempt at seducing me.’
- ‘George, I do declare that you have started to blush!’
- ‘Why, Mister Zee, I do declare: that's two questions, you naughty, naughty - oh, enough with the Scarlett O'Hara-isms already.’
- ‘Well, I do declare, that woman spoils you all rotten!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.