One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A government policy of encouraging unemployed people and others receiving state benefits to find a job, for example by providing job training or paying a fee to employers.as modifier ‘the latest welfare-to-work scheme’‘Wisconsin's hard-nosed welfare-to-work program’
- ‘Childcare is a priority for the government, underpinning key policy objectives including welfare to work, tackling social exclusion, raising educational standards and supporting families in modern Britain.’
- ‘The intention of the program was a change in paradigm from welfare to work.’
- ‘It only began to get interested because of the implications for welfare to work and to facilitate women's employment.’
- ‘Recent policy proposals put some clear blue water between the parties on issues encompassing the state benefit system, welfare to work, and the savings culture.’
- ‘The Science study is the first analysis of an extensive effort to collect information on how the transition from welfare to work affects women, their children, and the surrounding community.’
- ‘Some recent reforms in penal policy and welfare to work have been copied from the United States.’
- ‘Where the policy agendas of welfare to work and equal opportunity have neatly dovetailed is on the expansion of childcare provision.’
- ‘It's approach is welfare to work,’ he insisted, when asked what he would say to those who would be worse off under the new policy.’
- ‘The two guiding principles linking the social and economic debates must therefore be welfare to work, and work and family.’
- ‘I think you have to look at the level to determine what impact you are going to have on jobs, particularly at a point where we have this tremendous welfare to work social movement going on.’
- ‘Although still suggestive, it might shed light on how families will respond to benefits offered as part of welfare to work programs.’
- ‘For the Party, the preoccupations were pensions; child and youth policy; welfare to work; enterprise; science and technology transfer; structural change and regional development.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.