One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Whitish German sausage made chiefly of veal.
- ‘Start by slicing your Weisswurst in half.’
- ‘The Nürnberger is a skinny, short bratwurst, and in Munich and much of Bavaria they eat Weisswurst.’
- ‘The German Weisswurst, or veal sausage, is a rare delicacy indeed.’
- ‘A nice Weissbeer makes a perfect accompaniment to a Weisswurst, pretzel and mustard.’
- ‘When he took the ‘Weisswurst’ to the guests, there was some comments, but after tasting the new sausage he was heaped with praise and congratulations.’
- ‘Serve with your favorite Weisswurst and Bockwurst.’
- ‘They make traditional Weisswurst and sausages that are just phenomenal.’
- ‘Bockwurst is often called ‘Weisswurst’ (white sausage) because of its pale color before it is browned.’
German, literally ‘white sausage’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.