One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Whitish German sausage made chiefly of veal.
- ‘The German Weisswurst, or veal sausage, is a rare delicacy indeed.’
- ‘Bockwurst is often called ‘Weisswurst’ (white sausage) because of its pale color before it is browned.’
- ‘They make traditional Weisswurst and sausages that are just phenomenal.’
- ‘A nice Weissbeer makes a perfect accompaniment to a Weisswurst, pretzel and mustard.’
- ‘When he took the ‘Weisswurst’ to the guests, there was some comments, but after tasting the new sausage he was heaped with praise and congratulations.’
- ‘The Nürnberger is a skinny, short bratwurst, and in Munich and much of Bavaria they eat Weisswurst.’
- ‘Start by slicing your Weisswurst in half.’
- ‘Serve with your favorite Weisswurst and Bockwurst.’
German, literally ‘white sausage’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.