One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Perhaps she feels her word, given the weightiness of her scholarship, is enough.’
- ‘Speed, rotation, and lightness figure just as much as strength, resilience, and weightiness.’
- ‘The name is apt, given the weightiness and power of the work performed here.’
- ‘The design does its best to give a semblance of weightiness to something no bigger than an essay.’
- ‘Perhaps it's because of the deluge of words, perhaps it's the weightiness of the subject, but one doesn't actually become involved emotionally.’
- ‘He has insight, dept and has a great spiritual weightiness.’
- ‘But these ‘shortcomings’ are more than made up by the weightiness of the issues that these articles jointly address.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.