One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Perhaps she feels her word, given the weightiness of her scholarship, is enough.’
- ‘Speed, rotation, and lightness figure just as much as strength, resilience, and weightiness.’
- ‘The design does its best to give a semblance of weightiness to something no bigger than an essay.’
- ‘Perhaps it's because of the deluge of words, perhaps it's the weightiness of the subject, but one doesn't actually become involved emotionally.’
- ‘But these ‘shortcomings’ are more than made up by the weightiness of the issues that these articles jointly address.’
- ‘He has insight, dept and has a great spiritual weightiness.’
- ‘The name is apt, given the weightiness and power of the work performed here.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.