One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Physical training that involves lifting weights.
- ‘Jon's workouts would consist of a combination of weight training and cardio.’
- ‘At the gym, I started weight training to build muscle.’
- ‘She added yoga and extra weight training to her off season fitness regimen.’
- ‘In addition to martial arts and stunt work, she focused on weight training and yoga.’
- ‘I believe in weight training and work out myself, but do not plan to make recommendations on that topic.’
- ‘Error number two, doing only cardio or only weight training during a workout routine.’
- ‘She's found that with the right kind of weight training, you can resist some of the illnesses and weaknesses that come with old age.’
- ‘It has been reported that one athlete took courses in weight training, bowling and jogging.’
- ‘Simon first got involved with serious weight training when he began strengthening his body for tae kwon do.’
- ‘In addition to weight training, bodybuilders need protein to help repair and build muscle mass.’
weight training/ˈwāt ˌtrāniNG/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.