One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A belt to which weights are attached, designed to help divers stay submerged.
- ‘Anyone who suffers from a weak or previously injured back can benefit from using a weight belt.’
- ‘Learning to train without a weight belt is a better strategy for improvements in overall development and strength.’
- ‘A diver, sitting on the gunwhale of a boat, wearing a weight belt but without scuba gear or fins, is flirting with disaster.’
- ‘I then jettisoned the weight belt and removed my tank.’
- ‘Start out with 10 pounds of additional weight suspended from a weight belt and add more as you get stronger.’
- ‘They kept floating upwards and at first, even with my weight belt on, I was powerless to stop them.’
- ‘Depending on your personal strength level, you may or may not be able to add weight via a weight belt and plates or a dumbbell when you chin.’
- ‘For many years I had been using a traditional weight belt and lead weights which had always suited me down to the ground.’
- ‘He failed scuba school on a weight belt swim.’
- ‘But the weight belt is just part of a weighting system and needs to be considered in the context of all gear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.