One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A belt to which weights are attached, designed to help divers stay submerged.
- ‘They kept floating upwards and at first, even with my weight belt on, I was powerless to stop them.’
- ‘A diver, sitting on the gunwhale of a boat, wearing a weight belt but without scuba gear or fins, is flirting with disaster.’
- ‘He failed scuba school on a weight belt swim.’
- ‘I then jettisoned the weight belt and removed my tank.’
- ‘Anyone who suffers from a weak or previously injured back can benefit from using a weight belt.’
- ‘But the weight belt is just part of a weighting system and needs to be considered in the context of all gear.’
- ‘Learning to train without a weight belt is a better strategy for improvements in overall development and strength.’
- ‘Depending on your personal strength level, you may or may not be able to add weight via a weight belt and plates or a dumbbell when you chin.’
- ‘Start out with 10 pounds of additional weight suspended from a weight belt and add more as you get stronger.’
- ‘For many years I had been using a traditional weight belt and lead weights which had always suited me down to the ground.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.