One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is concerned about their weight, especially one who diets.
- ‘There are a lot of regular guests who turn up just to tuck into salads, including many who are avowed weight-watchers.’
- ‘As any weight-watcher knows, it's tough trying to lose the last few pounds.’
- ‘Research has shown some foods popular with weight-watchers may contain more fat than non-dieting products.’
- ‘But a cruise ship is no place for weight-watchers.’
- ‘I bought a new dinner service and a wall clock and some weight-watchers frozen dinners.’
- ‘I ate lots of non weight-watcher food and suffered tremendous guilt.’
From the proprietary name Weight Watchers, an organization for slimmers.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.