One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘You're not really compassionate, what you feel is not care for another person but, in fact, a bit of self indulgent weepiness for yourself.’
- ‘The mode is post-Bridges of Madison County weepiness; the visual mood is shampoo-commercial wistfulness.’
- ‘What the boys code forbids them to do is to show the signs of depression that women do - weepiness and helplessness - at least in front of others.’
- ‘She'd been fighting off the holiday depression pretty well but while our domestic goddess Inez was here the weepiness started.’
- ‘During her first postpartum checkup, Bennett's obstetrician glossed over her weight gain of 40 pounds and uncontrollable weepiness.’
- ‘Avoiding the weepiness and introspection of some of her contemporaries, she is a great storyteller with an enviable knack for updating her sound to fit the passing decades.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.