One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A night of the week other than Saturday or Sunday.
- ‘The later you get there on weeknights the worse the food is.’
- ‘Rates: $295 weeknights and $350 weekends with a two-night minimum; sleeps eight.’
- ‘It previously opened from 7 to 11 pm weeknights, and noon to 10.30 on Sundays.’
- ‘The Sunday and weeknight line-ups differ, but you're guaranteed at least an hour of entertaining viewing.’
- ‘Friday nights were the best weeknights for tips, both waitresses knew.’
- ‘The downside is that one of the last times Fox moved a Sunday show to a weeknight, the results were far from encouraging.’
- ‘A strong contingent of customers are locals: 30 percent on weeknights, 60 percent on Friday and Saturday.’
- ‘If I need to, I can force myself to sleep during the night on weeknights, mostly because after a couple of days I'm so tired from staying up at night and not being able to sleep during the day.’
- ‘Cynthia worked the five weeknights, all day Saturday, and during Mass hours on Sunday.’
- ‘He supposed she was there most nights… although he seldom came in on weeknights even during school vacations.’
- ‘We have reduced the number of games and telecasts on weeknights and Sundays, when many fans and their families are involved with travel soccer.’
- ‘Be sure to join Paula weeknights at 8: 00 Eastern, 5: 00 Pacific.’
- ‘You must be 16 years of age or above and you will be required to work 12-3pm Saturday and 5-8pm weeknights.’
- ‘Pierre offers an Explore New Orleans package, available for $150 per night on weeknights, and $200 per night for weekend stays (excluding taxes).’
- ‘They'd kept the volume down last night because it was a weeknight and all the girls there were minors, so they didn't want the cops showing up.’
- ‘I met with around 15 of them on Friday night at their weeknight Prayer Meeting and spoke briefly.’
- ‘Her job was to work the bar on weeknights, except Thursday, and Sunday night, and on Monday to Friday she had to work the golf course.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.