One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of march music played at the entrance of the bride or the exit of the couple at a wedding.
- ‘The pianist then began the wedding march and everyone turned back to the doorway.’
- ‘Soon the bridesmaids were in their places and the organist started to play the wedding march.’
- ‘They smiled at each other as the wedding march sounded.’
- ‘The wedding march started, everyone stood up and my dad and I went to the doorway and paused for a few seconds before slowly starting down the aisle.’
- ‘Finally, the music changed, and the familiar wedding march began.’
- ‘The wedding march was a tune she had always liked.’
- ‘‘In just a moment the organ will begin the wedding march; that'll be your cue,’ she said easily.’
- ‘I remember standing at the church door waiting for the organist to start playing and as the first notes of the wedding march began I walked up the aisle on my father's arm.’
- ‘Behind them stood Jasmine and her Father, waiting for the wedding march to begin.’
- ‘The organist began to play a wedding march and the people looked to the back, waiting for the doors to open and the bride to appear.’
- ‘Finally, the organ settled into the formal wedding march and everyone grew deadly silent when the wooden doors to the chapel opened with a loud creak.’
- ‘As the music stopped, then abruptly changed to the familiar wedding march, the entire packed sanctuary rose to its feet as one person.’
- ‘Phyllis O Keefe played the bridal chorus and wedding march for the bride and groom.’
- ‘Suddenly, the hired orchestra starts to play the wedding march, as Amber enters the chapel.’
- ‘Her father Seamus helped fix her train as they waited nervously for the organ to begin the wedding march.’
- ‘The wedding march started playing and I walked down the aisle.’
- ‘Finally the guests rose as Chelsea walked slowly down the aisle to ‘The wedding march.’’
- ‘The violins began to play a jaunty wedding march and we began to walk up the aisle.’
- ‘After a few moments of instructions the wedding march began and Emily began her slow walk down the aisle.’
- ‘While Sonia and Steve are sticking with traditional outfits and vows, the strains of the conventional wedding march will not echo through the church.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.