One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A location connected to the Internet that maintains one or more pages on the World Wide Web.
- ‘Blogs are regularly updated websites offering opinion and observation in the style of a diary.’
- ‘You can set these up to link quickly to more than just applications - websites is one example.’
- ‘Seemingly, however, this sort of thing seems to be acceptable on websites and in emails.’
- ‘It is increasingly easy for individuals to set up websites quickly and cheaply.’
- ‘If we take a look at each category, it quickly becomes apparent that many websites need to get up to speed.’
- ‘Similarly, agents are creating websites and use email addresses for a few days and then dump them.’
- ‘It'll take an awful lot more than a few interactive websites to sort that mess out.’
- ‘They can also check websites for updates and search for relevant news stories.’
- ‘The data will be published to publicly accessible websites provided by the councils.’
- ‘That information's easy to gather for websites who keep track of their visitors.’
- ‘And the text of many papers will be rich with links to databases and other websites.’
- ‘Even professional websites do silly things that slow down your internet connection.’
- ‘Strangely enough, this press release also found its way onto some of its member websites.’
- ‘You can barely move online for websites that promise to find you cheap hostels.’
- ‘This is not good reporting, and I am upset to see it on the front line of one of my favorite websites.’
- ‘Various websites and financial service providers give advice on how best to save.’
- ‘Search engines must not provide services or set up any contacts with any of these illegal websites.’
- ‘The legislature has passed a law requiring ISPs to block access to child porn websites.’
- ‘Its database provides lists of websites dealing specifically with user queries.’
- ‘The survey sought to measure the performance of the websites from a user's perspective.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.