Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The person who maintains a particular website.
- ‘You then email the webmaster of the other site and ask for a link in return.’
- ‘The dangers and harmful effects of webmasters focusing on search engines are very evident.’
- ‘Adding and updating events online is a task which usually falls to an overworked webmaster or website manager.’
- ‘Don't be shy about checking out other webmasters' source codes.’
- ‘This should be an important reminder to all webmasters not to publish sensitive material online.’
- ‘Therefore, it is advisable for webmasters to use key phrases instead of keywords for their meta tags and web content, so that they generate more targeted traffic.’
- ‘This has become a popular alternative and an effective revenue-sharing program for webmasters.’
- ‘This is a very common mistake that webmasters/programmers make when dealing with gradient color background.’
- ‘In some cases, webmasters concentrate on designing the web pages and entrust the writing of sales copy to professional copywriters.’
- ‘Providing viewers with very little content is a common mistake many webmasters make when they develop their website.’
- ‘All you have to do then, so the logic goes, is contact the webmaster and offer to exchange links.’
- ‘The biggest mistake I see webmasters making is creating a website with little content.’
- ‘It is important to note that the filter is not a punishment for anything the webmaster did with their new website.’
- ‘The ad boxes can be modified by webmasters to resemble the website's color scheme.’
- ‘Find out the name and email address of the webmaster of the site and add them to your database.’
- ‘So what should a webmaster do to give their website the best chance of ranking high in the search engines?’
- ‘Some webmasters will simply link to any website that links back to them.’
- ‘In an e-mail sent to webmasters the company said it was bringing forward a $320,000 investment in hardware and software upgrades.’
- ‘What should you say to the webmaster in the email or phone call that'll increase your chances of them linking their site to yours?’
- ‘One of the many responsibilities of being a webmaster is keeping tabs on the traffic your site receives.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.