One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity or business of providing storage space and access for websites.
- ‘To get the most up-to-date information and guidance, I turned to an expert on Web hosting, and the host of my site.’
- ‘The cost of meeting this demand for multimedia production, video streaming, and Web hosting is significant.’
- ‘The company offers a variety of services, including Website design, Web hosting, domain name registration, and e-business consulting.’
- ‘The spam emails contain details of a fictitious order for Web hosting or computer goods and thank the email recipient for a non-existent order.’
- ‘ITN offers an Internet infrastructure that includes dedicated access, Web hosting, co-location, e-commerce, application development, streaming media and bandwidth management.’
- ‘This helps ensure the quality of high-bandwidth applications such as video conferencing, Web hosting, and on-line training.’
- ‘For example, that might mean that they employ someone who is working on the project, or fund someone to attend a conference or pay for some service such as Web hosting.’
- ‘This is another interesting opportunity for Web hosting service providers.’
- ‘The new rules apply to a number of e-services such as Web hosting and downloaded games, music and software.’
- ‘That's when a first wave of Web hosting companies burst onto the market.’
- ‘Of course the contest never made much sense in the first place, offering a top prize of 500MB of free Web hosting, an amount of storage I recall having been pleased with on a PC I bought in 1988.’
- ‘The problem, which has been ongoing for at least the last two weeks, has led to a steady trickle of complaints to Web hosting companies from clients complaining that their domains are down.’
- ‘Cable companies have to make a play for corporate business, and that means doing Web hosting and handling Internet traffic.’
- ‘Now might be a good time to consider Web hosting so you'll have a place for these longer pieces.’
- ‘These services include e-mail, Internet connectivity and Web hosting.’
- ‘This is common practice among many firms but the trust they place on third party Web hosting firms and ISPs can sometimes be misplaced.’
- ‘As usual, many of you take the DIY approach to Web hosting as well.’
- ‘Assuming that this is one of your first efforts at building an e-commerce Web site, it's a safe bet that you'll be outsourcing most, or at least some of the site's technical operations to a Web hosting company.’
- ‘The program's creator had already stopped distributing the software after Apple's lawyers contacted the company that housed its Web hosting.’
- ‘The second involves a couple of Web hosting companies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.