Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The activity or business of providing storage space and access for websites.
- ‘The program's creator had already stopped distributing the software after Apple's lawyers contacted the company that housed its Web hosting.’
- ‘Assuming that this is one of your first efforts at building an e-commerce Web site, it's a safe bet that you'll be outsourcing most, or at least some of the site's technical operations to a Web hosting company.’
- ‘That's when a first wave of Web hosting companies burst onto the market.’
- ‘The problem, which has been ongoing for at least the last two weeks, has led to a steady trickle of complaints to Web hosting companies from clients complaining that their domains are down.’
- ‘ITN offers an Internet infrastructure that includes dedicated access, Web hosting, co-location, e-commerce, application development, streaming media and bandwidth management.’
- ‘These services include e-mail, Internet connectivity and Web hosting.’
- ‘For example, that might mean that they employ someone who is working on the project, or fund someone to attend a conference or pay for some service such as Web hosting.’
- ‘The second involves a couple of Web hosting companies.’
- ‘The new rules apply to a number of e-services such as Web hosting and downloaded games, music and software.’
- ‘The spam emails contain details of a fictitious order for Web hosting or computer goods and thank the email recipient for a non-existent order.’
- ‘The company offers a variety of services, including Website design, Web hosting, domain name registration, and e-business consulting.’
- ‘As usual, many of you take the DIY approach to Web hosting as well.’
- ‘Of course the contest never made much sense in the first place, offering a top prize of 500MB of free Web hosting, an amount of storage I recall having been pleased with on a PC I bought in 1988.’
- ‘The cost of meeting this demand for multimedia production, video streaming, and Web hosting is significant.’
- ‘Cable companies have to make a play for corporate business, and that means doing Web hosting and handling Internet traffic.’
- ‘This helps ensure the quality of high-bandwidth applications such as video conferencing, Web hosting, and on-line training.’
- ‘This is another interesting opportunity for Web hosting service providers.’
- ‘This is common practice among many firms but the trust they place on third party Web hosting firms and ISPs can sometimes be misplaced.’
- ‘Now might be a good time to consider Web hosting so you'll have a place for these longer pieces.’
- ‘To get the most up-to-date information and guidance, I turned to an expert on Web hosting, and the host of my site.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.