One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some American journalists are still wearisomely offering his hard childhood as an explanation for his grotesque behaviour.’
- ‘The dialogue is either functional or wearisomely overblown.’
- ‘Characters wearisomely narrate what you've just seen, and all action seems slightly slowed down.’
- ‘This device is already getting wearisomely predictable.’
- ‘At today's service at the Shrine of Remembrance, a bunch of ‘anti-war protestors’ interrupted the service just before the minute of silence with their by now wearisomely familiar shrieks and slogans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.