One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At today's service at the Shrine of Remembrance, a bunch of ‘anti-war protestors’ interrupted the service just before the minute of silence with their by now wearisomely familiar shrieks and slogans.’
- ‘Some American journalists are still wearisomely offering his hard childhood as an explanation for his grotesque behaviour.’
- ‘Characters wearisomely narrate what you've just seen, and all action seems slightly slowed down.’
- ‘This device is already getting wearisomely predictable.’
- ‘The dialogue is either functional or wearisomely overblown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.