One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A newly weaned animal.
- ‘The 373 mares catalogued will be offered during the Sunday and Monday sessions while 333 weanlings will be sold on Monday and Tuesday.’
- ‘The live trade involves the export of over 200,000 head of calves and weanlings to Europe and up to 70,000 head of livestock to international markets.’
- ‘Adult cattle numbers have increased by 9%, while throughput of calves and weanlings is up 3%.’
- ‘James farms suckler cows, selling weanlings off in October.’
- ‘He pointed out that up to 600,000 male calves and weanlings are traded annually without having drawn a premium.’
- ‘A total of 127 horses have been entered in the sale, which features weanlings, yearlings, horses in training, and in-foal broodmares.’
- ‘The number includes 2,094 broodmares or broodmare prospects, 1,887 weanlings, and 134 horses of various ages.’
- ‘Her weanling colt by Storm Cat will also be offered on Monday.’
- ‘The trade eased back a little this week, but there are still strong prices being paid for the quality weanling bulls, and good shipping demand for the heifers.’
- ‘We wean them in September and then sell some as weanlings.’
- ‘Prices were fairly strong at the sale, which featured a significantly downsized catalog with an emphasis on weanlings from young sires.’
- ‘At the time, the price was a world record for a weanling filly sold at public auction.’
- ‘If you are selling suckler-bred weanlings, what market are you aiming at?’
- ‘Again the home demand will be the dominant market for bull weanlings.’
- ‘Interestingly though, most of these pigs, about 5 million, are weanlings and feeder hogs.’
- ‘The colt had previously sold as a weanling for $26,000 at the 2000 Keeneland November breeding stock sale.’
- ‘A weanling filly by Grade 1 winner and new sire Trippi brought the highest price of the day.’
- ‘The weanling bull calf has a very high growth rate, a good feed conversion and consequently a high weight gain and in the bull beef trade it is kilograms that the farmer gets paid for as well as good grades.’
- ‘The older weanlings are ideal for bulling in late spring when they are about 18 months old.’
- ‘Our estimate has some 75500 calves and weanlings being sold out of Kerry alone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.