One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dwarf bean of a variety with yellow, stringless pods.
- ‘We've been experimenting with yellow wax beans, purple dwarf beans, purple tee pee, golden tee pee and our best stringless runner beans, white lady.’
- ‘It also came with those wax beans again, something that I was to tire of before the end of my journey.’
- ‘On Tuesday, the main lunch dishes were grilled steaks and broiled lobster, with seasoned wax beans and sautéed mushrooms with onions.’
- ‘Add the sous-vide bag and poach the wax beans until tender, about five minutes.’
- ‘He grows tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, green peas, green and wax beans and squash.’
- ‘In a sauté pan, add haricots vert, wax beans, potatoes and one teaspoon of the vinaigrette; sauté until warm, and season with salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘Tender, mild-flavored yellow wax beans bring premium prices at the market.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.