Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A metal tube or other device confining and conveying microwaves.
- ‘When trying to measure and align a single-mode polymer waveguide, difficulties with machine-vision inspection arise as a result of the limited contrast difference between the waveguide and the bulk material.’
- ‘In addition to microwave lenses, novel waveguides and other devices are under consideration.’
- ‘The microwaves are conducted through copper waveguides to the copper tube of the accelerator.’
- ‘Will a planar waveguide generate too much loss?’
- ‘Coplanar waveguides having a deep trench between a signal line and a ground plane and methods of their fabrication are disclosed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.