One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A curve showing the shape of a wave at a given time.
- ‘A bipolar waveform can be in the form of sine waves, or other wave shapes.’
- ‘Including such intervals into the basalt layer, we have matched the amplitudes and waveforms of many features observed in the magnetic anomaly field.’
- ‘I used to do signal integrity work on circuits, which involved capturing waveforms on an oscilloscope and verifying that voltages were what they should be and that there wasn't too much noise.’
- ‘Key to the whole setup is the ability to produce laser pulses with exactly the same waveform from one pulse to the next, Krausz says.’
- ‘As the pulse evolves the carrier wave can therefore become out of phase with the amplitude envelope, which can lead to a variety of different electric-field waveforms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.