One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A range of wavelengths falling between two given limits, used in radio transmission.
- ‘Annagh Parish Radio can now be received on any radio in the parish, by tuning into 100 to 105 MHz on the fm waveband.’
- ‘It makes sense having radio relay stations operate in the meter waveband.’
- ‘I'm told they have radios tuned to police wavebands stuck out of sight under the dashboard.’
- ‘Reception was excellent on all wavebands.’
- ‘Other useful items are automatic lights and wipers and the radio gave first class reception on all wavebands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.