One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A range of wavelengths falling between two given limits, used in radio transmission.
- ‘It makes sense having radio relay stations operate in the meter waveband.’
- ‘I'm told they have radios tuned to police wavebands stuck out of sight under the dashboard.’
- ‘Other useful items are automatic lights and wipers and the radio gave first class reception on all wavebands.’
- ‘Annagh Parish Radio can now be received on any radio in the parish, by tuning into 100 to 105 MHz on the fm waveband.’
- ‘Reception was excellent on all wavebands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.