A group of waves of equal or similar wavelengths traveling in the same direction.
- ‘That factor can also be understood in terms of the longer wave train (lower frequencies) created in an earthquake of large magnitude.’
- ‘We rushed down a granite chute, our kayaks smashing through wave trains, and spilled into a quiet pool.’
- ‘No sooner have we regained the river than we're riding another fast wave train.’
- ‘I suspect that the series of waves in the wave train was smaller at farther shores too, and that there were fewer noticeable waves on African shores than Southeast Asian ones.’
- ‘At first, try the move on the first wave in a wave train because it will have the most distinct shape compared to the chop that comes later.’