One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number of waves in a unit distance.
- ‘The spectra were first converted from wavelength to wave number and then fitted with a superposition of Gaussians.’
- ‘Because of the nature of the integrand, v may represent any spectral variable (frequency, wavelength, wave number or energy).’
- ‘A dynamic light scattering setup was used to study the undulations of freely suspended planar lipid bilayers, the so-called black lipid membranes, over a previously inaccessible range of frequency and wave number.’
- ‘Changing the temperature from above to below the lipid phase transition shifted the band position to somewhat higher wave numbers.’
- ‘The integration variable in Eq. 1 may be any spectral variable, wavelength, wave number, energy or frequency.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.