One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A differential equation expressing the properties of motion in waves.
- ‘Photonics uses Maxwell's electromagnetic wave equations to analyze light in the same way that electronics applies Schrodinger's equations of quantum mechanics to analyze electrical currents.’
- ‘The Klein-Gordon equation was the first relativistic wave equation.’
- ‘Photons have the curious habit of sometimes acting like waves, so physicists figured it should be possible to describe what was going on using wave equations.’
- ‘Therefore, it was reasonable to assume that a wave equation could explain the behaviour of atomic particles.’
- ‘He retired in 1981 but at this time his work was concentrating on the theory of nonlinear wave equations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.