One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A meter for measuring electric power in watts.
- ‘The potential coil of the wattmeter generally has a high-resistance resistor connected in series with it.’
- ‘If the load impedance is not equal to the transmission line impedance, the wattmeter will indicate the amount of reflected power.’
- ‘The electric power applied to the transducer was measured using a sampling wattmeter.’
- ‘With the wattmeter now placed in series and the transmitter off, you can measure the forward RF power.’
- ‘Measurement of watts is not an easy business and many types of wattmeter are around.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.