Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of shiatsu massage that takes place in water.
- ‘For matching spa services try sound and color therapy, energetic massage like Reiki, many water therapies like Watsu, floatation tank work and saline pool therapies, are also a good match.’
- ‘It's large for a city spa, superbly designed and offers a vast range of therapies, many of which - Watsu, Shiatsu, Balinese synchronised massage - draw on the traditions of the East.’
- ‘All offer programs beyond the blissful soak in mineral water: from Swedish and Shiatsu massages to wraps and Watsu.’
- ‘And when a muscle pulls or a ligament tears, all manner of body workers are available: Gyrotonic, Nia, Watsu, yoga, and of course, Pilates.’
- ‘With both Watsu and skydiving, you must suspend all your anxieties and place your complete trust in your coach - whether jumpmaster or masseuse.’
1980s: blend of water and shiatsu.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.