One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A landscape in which an expanse of water is a dominant feature.
landscape, countryside, country, terrain, topography, setting, surroundings, environmentView synonyms
- ‘It is a lush, steaming, tangled waterscape of swamps, soggy plains, and rice paddies crisscrossed with thousands of miles of rivers, streams, and canals.’
- ‘Standing up close, one felt completely immersed in a cascading waterscape.’
- ‘We need to carefully consider the connections between urban ambitions and river ecology, and the politics of remaking Delhi's land and waterscapes.’
- ‘Rice plantations were carefully managed waterscapes that had once been tidal swamps and basins.’
- ‘There are no massive mounds or outlandish waterscapes to divert attention away from the natural splendor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.