Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cascade of water falling from a height, formed when a river or stream flows over a precipice or steep incline.→ agile
cascade, cataract, shower, torrent, outpouring, white water, chutefalls, rapidsforcelinnView synonyms
- ‘Each island is gorgeous, with waterfalls, rivers, and all sorts of vegetation.’
- ‘It is mantled with rainforest and there are rivers, lakes and waterfalls.’
- ‘A waterfall cascading over the stepped landscape means that you are nearly there.’
- ‘Water ran down the sides of the valley to join the river and fell in waterfalls and bright sheets over the road.’
- ‘The crystal clear water poured from level to level in several waterfalls of varied heights.’
- ‘It flew in search of waterfalls that fell off the hills and flowed in serpentine paths on the plains.’
- ‘Like water flowing down a waterfall, the teams smashed into one another.’
- ‘The peaks and the valleys, rivers and the waterfalls truly make the whole environment a paradise.’
- ‘Far above them a river flowed off the mountain range, forming a waterfall.’
- ‘Everything here seems to be on a grand scale - the lakes and waterfalls as well as the mountains.’
- ‘There are also a variety of flowers and trees, a rushing stream and waterfalls.’
- ‘The road took them past waterfalls and over gorges and along a cliff by the sea.’
- ‘He could hear the steady flow of a waterfall not too far away and wondered where it was.’
- ‘Many other streams and waterfalls run through this area's rocky escarpments and narrow valleys.’
- ‘Fast-flowing rivers create spectacular waterfalls, gorges and a myriad of caves.’
- ‘It was an amazing ride that took us over canyons and by waterfalls.’
- ‘Pine trees, in addition to hills, valleys and waterfalls, added beauty to the city.’
- ‘As well as the obvious plants and trees there are also waterfalls, lakes and examples of typical houses found in those areas.’
- ‘They were standing on top of a great network of underground rivers and waterfalls.’
- ‘The first day's trekking took us through beautiful mountain forests with waterfalls and streams.’
Relating to or denoting a method of project management that is characterized by sequential stages and a fixed plan of work.‘each phase of a waterfall project must be complete prior to moving to the next phase’Contrasted with agile
- ‘Waterfall methods do hold value for certain projects and some development teams.’
- ‘Traditional waterfall methods for developing software are rapidly declining in popularity as more recently developed Agile methodologies are increasingly adopted.’
- ‘As more companies move from a traditional waterfall software development approach to an agile one, suppliers are offering more test automation tools and services.’
- ‘For many years the standard software development contract has been prepared on the basis of a waterfall development methodology.’
- ‘The team started off the project using a typical waterfall development model.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.