One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A body of water forming a physiographical feature, for example a sea or a reservoir.
pool, lake, pondView synonyms
- ‘Finally, pollutants can change the nutrient balance of a waterbody, making it over-rich, a process known as eutrophication.’
- ‘Paddy has eliminated to the best of his ability, the chances of polluting adjoining waterbodies.’
- ‘Store in a compact heap at least 2 metres high, located not less than 50 metres from any waterbody, public road, domestic well or watercourse and 300 metres from any public water supply source.’
- ‘Laws to check reclamation of lakes and waterbodies are not enough; they should be implemented.’
- ‘In fact, this world famous waterbody is bearing the brunt of this all-encompassing assault.’
- ‘Predator and prey species co-occur in brackish waterbodies close to the Mediterranean coast of Spain.’
- ‘At this point in time where most suitable trout waters have been stocked already I personally would be extremely cautious and circumspect about introducing trout or any other alien to any new or unstocked waterbody or area.’
- ‘Extremely eutrophic waterbodies are polluted because they often cannot support a fishery, cannot be used for drinking water, and have few recreational opportunities and poor esthetics.’
- ‘If you trailer your boat to inland waters, you can unknowingly transport invasive species from one waterbody to another.’
- ‘‘I think severe pollution of waterbodies contributes to these diseases,’ he said.’
- ‘Although it is native throughout the region, it has probably been spread to additional waterbodies by stocking programs.’
- ‘Each grid was at least 100 m from any trail, road or waterbody.’
- ‘The Government should, therefore, take stringent steps, including enactment of law, to check reclamation of lakes and other waterbodies.’
- ‘The waterbody, now with natural blooms, has become a major attraction.’
- ‘The result is that the waterbody tends to become stagnant, leading to pollution.’
- ‘But lakes and other waterbodies are fast disappearing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.