A small motorboat for transporting paying passengers on rivers, canals, etc.
- ‘In the evenings guests can take a water taxi to La Mer, the resort restaurant on the other side of the marina.’
- ‘New ways to store hydrogen, in solid form or as compressed gas, have put other recreational marine applications like the water taxi in the running.’
- ‘The council is in the process of undertaking a full study but is already considering building a minimum number of car parking spaces and introducing a water taxi to the other side of the river as an innovative solution.’
- ‘Back down in the harbour you can hire a boat or catch a water taxi and island hop to the Pakleni Islands, Marinkovac, Vodnjak and St Klement with its sandy beach coves.’
- ‘From there we headed over to Bricktown, and took a ride on a water taxi down a mile-long canal with a group of women from Wichita who had never seen ducks before.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.