One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small motorboat for transporting paying passengers on rivers, canals, etc.
- ‘In the evenings guests can take a water taxi to La Mer, the resort restaurant on the other side of the marina.’
- ‘Back down in the harbour you can hire a boat or catch a water taxi and island hop to the Pakleni Islands, Marinkovac, Vodnjak and St Klement with its sandy beach coves.’
- ‘From there we headed over to Bricktown, and took a ride on a water taxi down a mile-long canal with a group of women from Wichita who had never seen ducks before.’
- ‘The council is in the process of undertaking a full study but is already considering building a minimum number of car parking spaces and introducing a water taxi to the other side of the river as an innovative solution.’
- ‘New ways to store hydrogen, in solid form or as compressed gas, have put other recreational marine applications like the water taxi in the running.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.