One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large outdoor area with swimming pools, water slides, and similar attractions.‘I was swimming in the wave pool at a water park’
- ‘He learns the value of such activities as eating a mammoth bowl of ice cream, going bowling, and flying down a waterslide at a local water park.’
- ‘Orlando is famous for its many water parks.’
- ‘The product has proven particularly popular in water parks and theme parks.’
- ‘Across the street from the town's entrance was a moderately tawdry water park, populated by screaming kids and rowdy teens.’
- ‘There were many schools all on excursion to the water park.’
- ‘Every theme park seems to have a water park these days, and this isn't one to be left out of a crowd!’
- ‘These establishments feature swimming pools, spas, or elaborate water parks for their clientele.’
- ‘Hotels that offer free amenities such as on-site breakfast, swimming pools, and water parks keep the family entertained.’
- ‘The water park is right next to a residential area, and summers are a nightmare for them now.’
- ‘They were headed up to Wisconsin Dells for a weekend of camping fun and water-park adventure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.