One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for yapok
- ‘Individual water opossums are solitary and hostile toward others of their species, except during mating times.’
- ‘The ‘water opossum’ is unsurprisingly found near streams or rivers in forested areas.’
- ‘The water opossum eats primarily crayfish, shrimp, fish, frogs, and possibly aquatic vegetation and fruit.’
- ‘A trained eye might find a variety of other mammals here too, including giant anteaters, cougars, pampas deer, marsh deer, jaguars, water opossums, and a great variety of bats.’
- ‘The very interesting water opossum is adapted to a semi-aquatic life and shows adaptations to fit this purpose: rear legs with membrane-joined toes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.