One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of fungi-like organisms that live in water or soil, many of which are parasitic on plants.
- ‘Their greatest impact on humans, however, comes from the many species of water mold which are parasites on flowering plants.’
- ‘The brown ‘algae’ are members of the kingdom-level taxon Chromista, which also includes diatoms, water molds, and coccolithophorids.’
- ‘Even multicellular chromists, like brown algae and water molds, produce flagellated zoospores of this type.’
- ‘They include green algae, protozoa, slime melds, water molds, giant kelp, slime nets, and many others with no common name.’
- ‘Several superintendents dealt with the ‘water mold’ in stride after protecting their fairways, greens and tees with a fungicide preventative, but others were forced to pay for their gamble with Mother Nature.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.