One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A water pistol.
- ‘Chris was holding a toy water gun and I was holding onto a large stuff animal.’
- ‘Jason had the larger water gun, since he'd run out there before Mitchell had a chance to even put his shoes on.’
- ‘Beth turned around and was suddenly sprayed with a water gun.’
- ‘I place my empty water gun on the table and take several deep breaths.’
- ‘Now we get the water guns and squirt 'em to wake them up.’
- ‘Of course, I had to be stupid and squirt the president of the school board in the face with a water gun.’
- ‘She was a smart girl, and her inventiveness was evidenced in the water gun.’
- ‘My neighbour suddenly jumped in and squirted me with some water from his water gun!’
- ‘During this Festival, people throw bright-colored powders at one another and spray each other with paint-filled water guns.’
- ‘There wasn't anything wrong with Kris, I mean, besides the fact that he continuously squirted us with a water gun as children.’
- ‘Once my eyes cleared, I saw James holding out a water gun.’
- ‘This spring, the company is introducing a water gun that shoots more wet stuff further than competitors and carries in its stream a beam of light that flashes when it hits its target.’
- ‘Guns of any kind were also forbidden in our home, including water guns or a threateningly-held banana, because even pretending to shoot your sister is just as bad as pulling an actual trigger.’
- ‘Pulling a water gun from her bulky backpack, she filled it with the drink and stood up.’
- ‘The area was dark and Jessica wasn't seeing much of anything as she looked around quickly for what she assumed would be her own water gun.’
- ‘Though, I didn't think about that long before Sam barged in to my room, carrying a plastic water gun in hand.’
- ‘As soon as you see the younger cat approaching the older one ‘in that way,’ squirt him with a water gun or plant sprayer or make a loud noise using a whistle or an empty soda can with six or seven pennies inside.’
- ‘And then your brother soaked us with his water gun.’
- ‘Truthfully, it wouldn't have been so condemning if the camera hadn't caught the little smile both friends shared at the end, just before the clip faded into clips of crew members attacking each other with water guns.’
- ‘A boy about ten years of age ran to a group of three boys and squirted water from his water gun, wetting them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.