One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be dissolved in water.‘the paint is water-soluble’‘water-soluble vitamins’
- ‘Cyanide is a colourless, lethal, water-soluble poison occasionally used by mafia assassins.’
- ‘Fortunately, the ink in the pen turned out to be water-soluble, and a cycle through through the washing machine has got them clean again.’
- ‘Vitamins in the B group are water soluble, which means that body stores of most water-soluble vitamins vary daily according to our daily diet.’
- ‘Never soak them; water-soluble vitamins will leach into the soaking water.’
- ‘There are no toxicity issues with water-soluble vitamins, because they flush out of the body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.