Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be dissolved in water.‘the paint is water-soluble’‘water-soluble vitamins’
- ‘There are no toxicity issues with water-soluble vitamins, because they flush out of the body.’
- ‘Never soak them; water-soluble vitamins will leach into the soaking water.’
- ‘Fortunately, the ink in the pen turned out to be water-soluble, and a cycle through through the washing machine has got them clean again.’
- ‘Vitamins in the B group are water soluble, which means that body stores of most water-soluble vitamins vary daily according to our daily diet.’
- ‘Cyanide is a colourless, lethal, water-soluble poison occasionally used by mafia assassins.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.